Cloud Infrastructure Engineer - Azure / GCP - Long Term Contract - Immediate Start
We are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join a fast growing business in the CBD. They are looking for a passionate Cloud Engineer who has experience with managing resources & environments within Azure and Google cloud platforms. You will also have extensive experience with Infrastructure as code using Terraform or ARM templates plus Azure automation to streamline resource management & policy implementation.
What you will be doing:
- Design & build cloud infrastructure solutions leveraging Azure & Google Cloud
- Manage and maintain Azure & Google cloud resources across the Endeavour group
- Introduce cost optimisation & monitoring across all the cloud resources
- Be the subject matter expert for all cloud-related activities in the group
- Ensure all cloud implementations are risk-free and adhere to the group’s security policies.
- Ensure the group’s data platforms are well maintained, optimised, secure and stable
- Lend support to various businesses and technology teams as necessary during design, development, and delivery of e-comm, data platforms & data analytics related solutions to ensure supportable, scalable, robust solutions are delivered.
- Manage & troubleshoot cloud data platforms across the group.
- Provide cloud infrastructure technical assistance & expertise for various teams.
- Maintain standard policies for data integrations & systems in development activities.
- Setup access control policies across cloud infrastructure resources
- Create, modify and manage the technology fundamentals for data code pipelines within deployment/management
- Explore new innovative opportunities to bring new techniques, processes, and technologies
What you can do:
- Developed flexible and automated cloud infrastructure platforms across IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and protocols.
- Hands-on experience in cloud migrations and automation
- 3+ years demonstrable experience with managing resources & environments within Azure and Google cloud platforms
- Experience with Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure ASE, Azure Synapse Analytics, SQL Server Big Data Clusters, Azure Data Factory, Cloud Data Catalog, Azure Data Catalog, Cloud Dataflow, Azure Databricks, Container Registry, Azure Container Registry, IoT Core, Azure IoT Hub, Azure Event Hubs
- Must have hands-on experience with building, deploying, troubleshooting data extraction using Databricks, Dataproc, Data factory, Data warehousing and Power BI.
- Demonstrable experience working with data lakes, data warehouses e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.
- Software development experience with: Python, Linux/Unix, DotNet is highly regarded
- Extensive experience with Infrastructure as code using Terraform or ARM templates.
- Extensive experience with Azure automation to streamline resource management & policy implementation.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives
- Database capacity planning
- Experience with data security, access controls and encryption
- Experience working with Personally Identifiable Information (PII) data
- Experience in creating visualisations with PowerBI and Tableau is very desirable
This an urgent requirement and they are able to offer a quick interview process with an immediate start. If you are keen to talk through the role in more detail apply with your most recent resume and what day rate you are looking for and a consultant will be in touch.