Data Analyst / Python / SQL / Contract
We have an immediate need for a Data Analyst to join a high-performance analytics team. This is an initial 6-month contract with a view to extending and working remotely, there is an option to work a couple of days in the office if you wish.
Your role will be to support and develop risk models in Python and SQL using Pycharm and Git Hub, transitioning existing risk models to Python, using Azure Databricks for Python.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for internal/external stakeholders
- Collaborating with the internal teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Contribute to design, implementation, and use of database/cloud storage platforms and visualisation tools for customer data, statistics, and other information for reporting, trending, and troubleshooting
- Perform thorough testing and support User Acceptance Testing. E.g. No code released into production without code review and sign-off.
- Clearly articulate potential design solutions, engage with stakeholders, and clearly present pros and cons
- Clearly present design documentation.
- Implement robust version control practices.
- Good communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from non-technical teams
- 3yrs + Python, SQL, Excel, VBA, Git Hub, Pycharm
- Software engineering degree or similar.
- Quantitative finance knowledge
In return, you will
- Learn from an established team where you will work collaboratively to find solutions and provide optimal results for the business.
- Develop your risk literacy
- Flexible working/ work from home arrangements
This is an immediate need and they offer a quick interview process. You must be based in Sydney and have full working rights.--