Data Engineer - Spark / Hadoop / Big Data / ETL / SQL
We are working with a newly formed team working across high-profile projects within a leading bank that is now looking to add 5 x Data Engineers to their team!
- Responsible for building and deploying Spark SQL data pipelines into the Hadoop production data warehouse environment
- Responsible for rigorous testing to ensure the outcome of data pipelines are aligned to expected results (unit & system testing)
- Responsible for ensuring alignment of data development to coding and performance standards defined by the group
- Proactively implements data manipulation techniques to enhance the maintainability of code and addresses support considerations (i.e. ability to restart, metadata driven data processes)
- Ensures data delivery tasks are completed within the allocated time and risks to delivery timeframes are proactively communicated
- Have strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Have a strong business acumen with excellent interpersonal skills, incl written and oral communication
- Minimum 3yrs experience as Data Engineer
- Advanced SQL skill is must have
- Hands-on Hadoop experience
- Spark SQL experience
- Good understanding of data warehouse concepts
- Strong ETL skills
This is an immediate need and on offer are long-term contracts at competitive rates.