- Software Engineering Leader Role
- Golang - Node - React - AWS - GCP - Kubernetes Stack
- Established SaaS / Product Company
- HUGE Opportunity To Get In Early With Equity!
- Imagine Joining Canva or SafetyCulture In Year 1!?
This is a truly unique opportunity to become an Engineering Manager with an established and successful SaaS company that already has a global reach!
Due to new client acquisition, business is booming and they are looking to bring on a technical leader who can help take them to the next level.
They are looking for someone with a solid Software Engineering background, who has been through the ranks of Developer, Tech Lead, Engineering Manager, Head of Technology etc - but someone who is still close to the tech, can read code, pick up new languages, and jump into the code and architecture as and when required.
Experience working in Product focused companies/teams is also crucial - as is been able to build a team, values, and a tech culture.
You will be working closely with the Founders and CTO in a senior leadership role with influence over the direction of the company and autonomy and ownership over the evolution and development of their core platform.
Start-Up experience would also be highly beneficial.
As well as managing the development team your role will be a strategic one and you will be responsible for creating and implementing the product development vision and strategy. You will be a member of the management team and will have a voice in the overall shaping of the business and the direction it takes.
You will remain hands-on and manage an existing team but with an immediate plan to grow and recruit more Software Engineers.
Ideally, you will have:
- Experience working with start-ups or with tech products
- Experience in running small development teams and recruiting technical staff
- Strategic thinker who is equally at home with detail and implementation
- Hand on backend software engineering experience - Golang or Node is the preference.
Technical Skills / The Stack:
- Extensive experience in development, system architecture, solution design, leading our technical team and technical strategy
- Experience with GIT, AWS or GCP, setting up build pipeline, DevOps/CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Experience implementing front-end frameworks using React.js
- Microservices Architecture & RESTful API development
- Security awareness, software engineering standards, and scalability.
- NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or similar
If you love to disrupt and tick most of the above requirements - get in touch!
If you're looking for the next big thing, love a new challenge, and the thought of taking an up-and-coming, but already established tech product global excites you - get in touch!
If scaling your own tech team and chasing unicorn status with skin (equity) in the game is what you've been looking for - get in touch!
Please note: you must be in Australia/Sydney with Citizenship or PR to apply - but visa transfers are available for the right person.
We would love to call and chat with every applicant - but our last EM level role had 100+ applicants, so we will only be scheduling phone calls with suitable applicants with the correct background/experience. We will, however, be sure to review every single application and stay in touch as and when suitable roles are available.
Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you.