Solution Designer / Data Modeller / Big Data / Contract
We are working with a newly formed team working across high-profile projects within a leading bank that is now looking to add 4 x Solution Designers / Data Modellers to their team.
This is a data modeller role but will be more strategic, so you will have to think more broadly in the role. You will also work very closely with the data engineers and the broader business. You will have strong experience with Enterprise Data Platforms and be very familiar with how to structure data. Great if you have experience with Hadoop however if you have strong Teradata experience that will work.
- Designing data structures to meet project objectives that are aligned to group architecture and industry standard data architecture patterns (such as Kimball, Inmon and Data Vault)
- Engages with data stewards, business SMEs, and technical experts to design table structures that meet functional and technical requirements
- Ensures that data structures are designed for maximum re-use for current and future requirements
- Present data models and the design of data solutions at group architecture and design forums for endorsement
- Contribute to data architecture and design principles based on prior experience
- Contribute to design estimates for the purpose of project planning
- Ensuring cohesive engagement of the implementation function with a multidisciplinary team of Analysts, Solution Designers and Stream Leads to complete projects and smaller work requests to agreed scope, timeframes, and budget
- Solid understanding of Data Modelling processes and concepts.
- Possess the ability to produce conceptual, logical, and physical data models using data modelling techniques such as Data Vault, Kimball, 3NF, etc.
- Commendable expertise with data security rules, along with an adept understanding of data classification, data integration, and data ingestion guidelines will be highly desirable.
- A natural ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders and technical leadership groups would be highly essential.
These are long term contracts with great day rates and you will get to work on some amazing projects in a great team.