Senior Android Developer | Contract | 12-18 months+
We’re looking for an Android Engineer to work on mobile applications that will be used by tens of millions of customers around the world. You will have strong technical skills and be highly creative; you will love solving tough problems and be an early adopter even suggesting technologies that should be used. You will be highly collaborative and share your ideas with senior management as well as help mentor junior engineers. You will build with the customer in mind and as always you should have beautiful elegant code!!
You will be working with a group of highly skilled and passionate developers all working together to develop new products and platforms with the aim to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced small-team environment with the stability of working as part of a global Australian brand with your primary responsibility working with a small team of designers and engineers developing mobile products. You will be familiar with modern software development methodologies popular in Android, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas with your team despite some ambiguity.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of apps that are elegant, efficient, secure, highly available, and maintainable
- Work closely with other developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Contribute insights into ways to improve the processes and tools used on the Android team
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast moving environment
- Follow and help cultivate consistent development best practices
- Collaborate with your project manager and other software developers to plan
- Design, develop, test, and maintain the Android application
- Provide thought-leadership regarding implementation best practices
- Assist in estimation and assessment of feasibility of features
- Foster a collaborative spirit across multiple teams
What you will bring to the role:
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in mobile apps (RxJava, MVP, Kotlin, etc), mobile payments, and wearables
- Familiar with the whole software development lifecycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Great knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java for Android, Android SDK, and Android Studio
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and how to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience working with testing libraries like Espresso and Junit
- Familiar with Continuous Integration (CI) and its use in testing, building and
- Deploying Android apps
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Understanding of code versioning using Git, GitHub and GitFlow.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with payments technology is a plus
This is an immediate need for a Senior Android developer to work on a long-term contract with a real possibility of moving into a lead role. They run a true software engineering environment with a flexible work environment, highly collaborative team culture, latest tools, and tech and competitive day rates!