This is a permanent opportunity, paying anywhere from $110K+Super - $150K+Super depending on experience!
About the role:
- As an Actuarial Data Scientist, you will be focusing on Actuarial pricing for General and Life Insurance products
- This will heavily involve Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning techniques
- The work will be very impactful, and will often involve presenting to the CEO, or putting together a results report going direct to the board
- 30-50% of the role will also involve project-based Data Analytics and Data Science work across the commercial arms of the business
- Again, this will heavily involve Machine Learning and Modelling techniques, the business is extremely advanced in this space
- If you do not have previous pricing experience, Part III of your Actuarial qualifications must be completed
- However, if you do have previous pricing experience in a commercial environment, only Part II will be required
- Statistical Modelling experience is essential, Machine Learning and GLM experience is ideal but not essential
- Any experience working within a consulting or start-up environment will be highly advantageous, and this is a very fast-paced position
- Previous experience or a strong interest in working in a Data Analytics and Data Science focused position will be required
- Insurance experience is ideal, but NOT needed as experience with varied data sets is more important to this position
- Strong SQL skills are a must, with R and Python experience being ideal but not necessary
This role will not be suitable for someone who wishes to progress to a Head of Pricing or an Appointed Actuary position, but if you're keen to join a business that is doing some really cool stuff with Data using Data Science and Machine Learning and want to advance your abilities with a range of new technologies whilst still maintaining your Actuarial skills, this may be the role for you!
If you are interested in the role or would like to hear more make sure you APPLY NOW!
For extra information, please contact Matthew Cook via Data@thedrivegroup.com.au
Follow Us On Linkedin:https://www.linkedin.com/company/thedrivegroup For The Latest Tech News, New Jobs & Our $1000 'Introduce A Friend' Referral Fee