This is a key role providing day to day support across the business applications as well as providing your advice on business critical systems. You will also be responsible for the identification, scoping and co-ordination of enhancements related to the billing environment.
What you will be doing
- Providing day to day support on the billing environment including overnight batch processing, ensuring maximum availability, and managing problem resolution as required.
- Providing advice on the capabilities of the system to meet business needs and, research solutions to issues and for the provision of new capabilities as required.
- Facilitate requirements analysis and IT design of new capabilities with internal and vendor IT teams.
- Developing and/or review User requests, coordinate the validation, approval, and implementation of updates or enhancements to business users and IT Change management.
- Design/modify the configuration of Orion, workflow and related applications where possible based on business requirements.
- Assisting with the extraction, transformation and loading of related data as requested, including the development of reports.
- Ensure data integrity is maintained by control of access to the respective applications and data sources.
- Assist in testing, including the running of scenarios, reports and performance tests.
- System Administration duties as required including the investigation and resolution of system defects and the setup and maintenance of business system user access
- Experience working with Retail Billing applications in a highly available environments
- Detailed operational understanding of information technology processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer networks and Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Broad knowledge of query/reporting tools
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, ability to plan and achieve a variety of tasks.
- Able to set priorities for client requests and deal with a number of issues concurrently.
- Teamwork — possessing a good team spirit and demonstrating self-management and flexibility in taking on new challenges.