We are looking for an Application Support Specialist to perform a critical role in a well know Australian Company and you will be the point of contact for technical support and maintenance of the business service and applications.
This position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, lead other team members, and represent operations core values across the organization. If you are passionate about being part of a team dedicated to solving real technical issues and disrupting the landscape of automation, monitoring, and data engineering, then this role is for you.
You will have experience in rostering staff and managing a 24x7x365 team, along with working certain tools such as Informatica, Jenkins, and AWS. Having technical competency and a database or data background is essential.
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in leading and managing an Application Support team or similar
- Strong stakeholder engagement, relationship management and influential skills.
- Working in a hybrid (on-shore / off-shore) environment
- Developing and updating guides, documents and knowledge bases as application systems change and evolve
- Working experience in managing, and using database technologies and integration application software
- Excellent background delivering results within a digital environment
- Strong analytical skills.
- Automation and Collaboration (Jenkins, Atlassian Suite)
- AWS technologies and services
- Web Services (WebAPI, REST, SOAP, LAMP Stack)
- Data interchange languages (XML, JSON)
- Linux / IIS/Windows Services
- Database Technologies(MySQL / SQL Server / PostgreSQL / NoSQL)
- Version control (Git, SVN)
- Integration Technologies (Informatica)
- Application and Infrastructure Performance Monitoring and Analytics Tools (Nagios, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Splunk, SumoLogic)
- Private or Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Rackspace, OpenStack)
- Messaging (MSMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Object Orientated Programming Languages (Java, Java Script, C++, C#, Python, Ruby .NET, Perl, PHP, HTML)
- Software architecture frameworks (MVC)
- API management frameworks (API Gateway, Apigee,)