TheDriveGroup have engaged with a global data company based in Sydney!
Due to growth, they have an immediate need for a Development Team Lead to join their Sydney HQ.
This role isn't a hands-on role and we are really looking for someone who is looking to be a manager and passionate about getting the best out of others whilst helping them grow and develop.
This role would suit someone in a Team Lead role who is looking to progress towards a Development Manager role in the next 1-2 years.
Your role will involve:
- Managing a mid-sized team of Software Developers and Technical Leads
- Mentoring, coaching and motivating your team
- Interviewing and hiring
- Drive innovation and new technologies across the business
- Regular meetings with your team
- Working alongside Project Managers and Product Owners
- Managing, planning, standups, code reviews etc
- Stakeholder management and high-level conversations
- Assisting with coding, design and architecture as and when required.
- General admin - eg timesheet and leave approval
- Solid background in Software Development
- 4-5 years of leadership experience (team lead, tech lead, development manager etc)
- Experience working with Data and Large Data Sets
- Solution Architecture knowledge/ability
- Relational Databases, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL
- Open Source
- Knowledge of high performance / scalable systems
- Team Player
- Perfect Communication Skills
Start date is ASAP but they are happy to wait for 4 week notice periods.
Please note this role is a 12-month fixed term contract with the view to move into a full-time role.
Please note: AU PR or Citizenship is required to apply.