Lead & Senior Linux Systems Engineer (AWS, DevOps)
We are seeking a Lead and a Senior Linux Systems Engineer to join a respected software house currently implementing new DevOps technologies and Amazon Web Services on long-term contracts.
As the Linux Systems Engineer you will have two major roles; ensuring the availability and performance of a large Linux server environment (Redhat and Ubuntu) and helping in the adoption of modern DevOps and Cloud tools as the team moves towards an AWS platform.
The role will give you the opportunity to work across a broad range of projects, facing major challenges on security, resource isolation, deployment automation, redundancy and high-availability. The management team has an excellent track record of entrepreneurial success and this venture has secure funding as it is backed by a much larger business.
This is a collaborative environment based in the City where you will be encouraged to explore new ideas to shape the future technical direction of this technology-driven company.
Skills required for the Linux Systems Engineer:
- Strong Linux (Redhat and Ubuntu) administration skills in large server environments, including experience of virtualisation
- Ability to script in any language; Shell, Python, Java, Ruby etc.
- Broad infrastructure knowledge including networking and database technologies (MySQL, MongoDB or ElasticSearch would be great)
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS), automation tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible and containerisation such as Docker would be beneficial but not essential
- Previous experience of automation tools, e.g. Salt, Ansible, Puppet, Ruby
- Code Pipeline / Continuous Deployment using Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo
If you have any questions or would simply welcome a chat about this excellent Linux Systems Administrator / DevOps Engineer position and company, just call me or drop me an email, as I’d love to hear from you! If, though, you think this role could be right for you and you’d like to learn more, then click the “Apply” button below now!