Passionate Development Managers, Technical Leads, Software Engineering Managers, Technical Project Managers will also be considered.
The primary role of the Head of Technology / CTO to provide strategic and hands-on architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring to the development teams and to ensure the delivery of high-quality, robust and scalable products to their customers.
It is key for the Head of Technology / CTO to having an engineering and technical mindset, while having the ability to drive change and make tough decisions when needed, yet still be approachable and be a natural charismatic leader.
They will be looking for you to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of their business. In this role, you will create and implement the technical strategy of the company. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders, and customers to ensure their technology is built, delivered and used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. They expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts.
Your responsibilities would include leading and managing the development and delivery of their products, driving the design of the technical architecture, inspiring, managing and growing their existing engineering team, communicating technology strategy and roadmap to partners and investors and discovering and implementing new technologies that could become their competitive advantage.
What you will bring to the role
- Be an inspiring and motivating leader for our engineering teams
- Foster an engineering culture based on excellence and discipline (not mediocrity or complacency), delivery and output, thoughtfulness, and collaboration and shared knowledge
- Mentor and develop engineers, helping them grow professionally and personally, and feel they have a development path
- Communicate and reinforce the company strategy and goals to the engineering team, ensuring they understand the context and background to their work
- Highly technical background building products from scratch with different technologies - Java / PHP / HTML / Angular / React / Node / Android / iOS
- Select, brief and manage the work of development team using an agile process
- Has a breadth of experience across a wide range of enterprise technologies.
Development and delivery of quality scalable products
- Lead the engineering team as they build complex and scalable products and features, ensuring adherence to designs and best practices
- Maintain coding standards and quality assurance, with an eye on the code and designs being worked on to keep them to the highest of standards
- Help the teams solve roadblocks and development challenges, balancing the need for quick turnaround of solutions with the need to coach and develop engineers
- Flag potential issues or delays early, ensure exec stakeholders are alerted, and work actively to address and deliver solutions
- Maintain a roadmap that includes maintenance, support, and ongoing iterative development for products and features across the company
- Ensure the engineering teams build products that are robust, future-proofed, extensible, and address commercial and operational requirements
Due to recent wins and ongoing success, this role is urgent and they are looking to get someone on board as soon as possible. On offer is a very rewarding career path as well as the opportunity to work with companies from design through development and then go to market. Quick interview process as well as a competitive package on offer.