An opportunity has arisen for an IT Support Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for providing efficient customer support for Servers, Desktops, Laptops, Routers, Firewalls, Applications and Client Networks. Although predominantly office based, you will visit clients in and around Sydney, when required.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Experience of Windows Active Directory
- A very good knowledge of Windows Server (2008, 2012 and SBS) and Terminal Services
- Experience with Office 365
- Strong knowledge of setting up and managing Routers, Firewalls, VPNs and Switches
- Excellent DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP skills - A high level of PC and server maintenance and repair
- Backup and antivirus server management
- Experienced in providing desktop support directly to end users.
- Some mobile email knowledge (iPhone, Android etc)
- Understanding concepts of virtualization. Experience with Microsoft HyperV beneficial.
- VoIP knowledge- Manage voice pabx’s & endpoints
- ConnectWise and LabTech experience useful but not essential
- Day to day system/server/network monitoring and management
- Must know how to navigate AWS & experience with Azure.
- Must have some basic SQL/MYSQL knowledge
As an IT Support Engineer, you must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and strong client facing skills. A willingness to take ownership of issues and a commitment to providing excellent customer service is also key.
Continuous training and support are provided with good career prospects.
Excellent exposure to all types of different technologies.