This is an amazing opportunity to join an Australian owned Software Engineering company with a global reach that builds cutting-edge big data products for companies for analytics and consumer insights.
You will be joining a passionate team of high-performance big data engineers, data scientists, product managers, and software engineers giving you the opportunity to develop your skills and have exposure to multiple technologies and methodologies helping you become an expert in your area.
As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the Software Engineer team and provide valuable insights during the process. You will be dealing with large Datasets on a regular basis, meaning you will need to have experience with some leading Big Data technologies (Scala being one of the leading technologies that we work with). You will also work with Spark and Redshift, and we want you to be adaptable to learning new technologies that will be implemented in the future through our technical roadmap. The role will also involve working with our NoSQL Databases (MongoDB), as you will be working with Petabyte datasets.
You will also have the opportunity to visit clients sites and gain valuable insights into the whole process of the development of new products getting and end to end picture. The visits will involve engaging the clients wants and needs, and they will set deliverables for the projects they want completed. Other visits will involve updates, issues, and successes of the project(s) you are working on.
Key Skills Required
- Commercial experience as Data Scientist
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Big Data - Scala (preferred), Spark, Kafka, Redshift
- Experience with R, Python or Scala is Desirable
- Strong Business Awareness
- Positive Approach
- Extremely passionate about solving problem
- Experience writing Algorithms
- Deep Learning
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Strong Communication skills
- Statistical Analysis
- Master's or PhD in relevant subjects
- Opportunity to develop a career in Data Science
- Real Career Progression & Certifications
- Exposure to senior stakeholders at all levels of the business