Lead Systems & Network Engineer - Linux / Unix / WiFi / Big Data
We are working with a global leader in behavioural analytics and data-driven marketing products and services to some of the world's most prestigious brands, operating in industries such as; Retail, Education, Transport, Hospitality, Sport / Recreation, Govt.
About the Role
Due to continued growth, they are seeking a Lead /Senior Systems & Network Engineer to help grow their Australian team as they expand their footprint even further. The role requires knowledge and experience relating to; Systems / Software Design, Network Design / Security, and Cloud Computing.
The role is a great opportunity for an individual wishing to broaden their skill set from traditional Network or Systems Engineering and gain experience in systems that relate to Big Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
- Excellent working knowledge of Unix / Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with IaaS / PaaS solutions, e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- WiFi Network design and administration
- Solid understanding or experience with switching and routing principles/methods /technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, Routing, VLAN
- Solid understanding or experience with network security design principles
- Solid understanding of development, release and support lifecycles
- Excellent communication skills and ability to self-manage
- Scripting skills, e.g. Perl, Python, Bash
- WiFi site survey experience
- DevOps experience
- Development experience, e.g. C, C++, Java
- Containerization experience e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka.
- Management Experience.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to;
- Design, test and deploy network and cloud solutions
- Design and Review network architectures
- Assist sales team transition customers to production
- Support and maintenance of production systems and networks
- Work with Support, DevOps, Development and Architecture teams to enhance their SaaS platform
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience in either; Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Development or DevOps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent industry experience.
- Industry security certifications such as CISSP or GSEC are desirable
You will be joining a well-established business that has seen growth year on year and has a lot of success globally and is now adding to their team. You will be joining a highly collaborative team who like to challenge the status quo and work with the latest tech. This is an immediate need with a quick interview process.