Linux Engineer | System Engineer ( AWS / DevOps)
We are currently working for a well know FinTech startup who have a world-class platform and are going through another period of growth.
As the Senior Linux Engineer, you will work closely with the Product and Engineering Team to deliver a high performing, secure and resilient products to their customers. With a focus on supporting core services, you as the Site Reliability Engineer will responsible for helping to maintain and improve the resiliency, scalability and security of their infrastructure platform.
- Maintain and improve the resiliency of our core services and infrastructure platform
- Continued improvement to the platform infrastructure through automation and standardisation
- Support product teams through consultation and support
- Help develop and maintain an automated infrastructure test suite
- Ensure that all of our core services are up to date and security patched
- Improve our processes by developing support tools
- Help to maintain and further develop our build and deployment pipelines
- Help validate and improve our disaster recovery plan
- Automate our backup and restoration validation processes
- Documentation of reliability engineering principles
- Fostering an awareness production considerations within the product engineering teams
- Participate in the on-call rotation with the product engineering teams
- Help support and facilitate incident management, blameless postmortems, and deep dive investigations
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer
- Strong Linux administration knowledge
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a Kubernetes environment
- Experience troubleshooting production issues in a Dockerised environment
- Experience investigating production issues in JVM Applications
- Experience investigating production issues in NodeJS Applications
- Experience building and deploying containerised JVM applications
- Experience building and deploying containerised NodeJS Applications
- Experience in Infrastructure Automation (Terraform, Packer, Ansible)
- Experience supporting Postgresql and Redis in production
- Exposure\familiarity with Microservices architecture
- Familiarity with Docker Security hardening concepts
- Solid understanding on security best practices and principles
- Strong written communication skills - we use Slack, JIRA, Confluence.
- Understanding of QA Processes and basic QA documentation
This is an amazing opportunity to join a company that is going to go through another period of significant growth. On offer is a flexible working environment, working with the latest tech, global offices and a competitive package and options.