Passionate UI Designer / UX Designer / Digital Designer is required by an Australian Company that is well known for pushing the boundaries and due to growth are looking to add another designer to the team. This role will report directly into the Head of Digital and will be a crucial role in the future direction of the business.
You will be working closely with the Head of User Experience and the Front End Development team to provide leadership and direction in designing stunning user interfaces. The projects will include the launch of a range of new mobile applications, the creation of new landing pages and working in partnership with some household brands to deliver new digital solutions.
This role will need you to:
- Working across all platforms (desktop, mobile, tablet - though predominantly mobile apps and responsive sites) to help design great looking content to fit within brand guidelines
- Working with UX Designers through a Human Centered Design process, and apply your visual design skills for research, ideation, design, prototyping / wire-framing and testing.
- Converting user requirements into usable interfaces
- Working collaboratively with Front end developers to establish the technical feasibility, and then support the implementation of UI designs;
- The creation of style guides and frameworks to ensure the design ethos is carried through
- The creation of innovative and high-quality interfaces for responsive sites and mobile apps
- Ensuring information and content is communicated as easily and clearly as possible to help drive user engagement
- Designing and prototyping from PSD's through to flat pages, understanding and using typography and whitespace
- Working closely with various internal stakeholders to help create great user interface
- Experience in commercial digital design from conception to delivery of a project, ideally from a digital publishing environment or similar
- A strong digital portfolio - demonstrating all types of web design across various customer touch points
- Strong understanding of HTML / CSS,
- Passionate about visual design, user interfaces and digital communication;
- Expert in current industry standard UI and VD design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin, InVision.
- Experience of creating great looking designs from large content systems
- Excellent understanding of design layout and typography, understanding the difference between creative design and interaction design
- Experience in creating cross-device experiences from desktop to mobile
- Good understanding of Jira, Confluence & Agile
- Excellent communication skills and be able to transmit this across various stakeholders
The company offers a fantastic working environment, benefits and a chance to lead the charge and maintain the brand's place at the forefront of the industry.