2 x Long Term Contract Opportunites / Immediate Need - Feb / March Start
About the role
Join a new team that is dedicated to the support and maintenance of in house developed global applications and both cloud and on-premises co-located infrastructure. This is a fast-paced role where no two days are the same. You will be expected to deal with a large array of very different technical issues so having a wide breadth of knowledge and experience is essential, and you must have a passion for providing class-leading support to internal users.
About The TechOps Team
The Technical Operations Team is a new team developed due to new products and the growth of the company. You will be working closely with both the DevOps and Engineering functions, this team provides 2nd/3rd line support for all web infrastructure (both public and internal) and application support.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the uptime and stability of the Production and Development infrastructure.
- Manage all monitoring and alerting of the infrastructure. Practice root cause resolution, not sticking plaster fixes.
- Provide 2nd line application support for all in house developed / bespoke applications, working closely with the Engineering team for defect resolution.
- You will work closely with the DevOps team to understand and support the automation tools we use to manage the infrastructure.
- 2nd line support for database systems including SQL Server, MongoDB, Solr.
- Continuous improvement is key. You must be constantly seeking improvements that can be made in all aspects of our technical landscape, then planning and delivering those improvements (working with other teams as necessary).
- You will be deeply technical, with strong experience with Windows and Linux systems, particularly for web operations (e.g. IIS / Apache, filesystems, init, selinux etc)
- You will have experience with managing and supporting VMware, Cloud (AWS - EC2, ECS, S3), SQL Server / MySQL / RDS.
- You will have a burning desire to fix things and fix them properly; no cutting corners here.
- You will hate doing repetitive tasks and seek ways to automate.
- You will understand ITIL and its value.
- You will have knowledge of development practices, source control, deployment tooling.
- In your spare time you will likely enjoy developing tools or websites of your own (if you have anything on Github, we would like to see it).
- You will work best under pressure, manage priorities effectively, and continue smiling even during a P1 incident.
- Any experience of configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet / Chef/Ansible, ) and automation tools like Terraform / Jenkins would be a definite bonus.
There are two roles one with a focus on Security so any experience with these additional tools is desireable - Nexus IQ, Veracode, Cloud Conformity.
The second role is more Data Engineering focussed so any skills in these additional tools is desireable: Sparc AWS Glue, Kafka.
They are looking to interview next week and make offers the following week so please submit your resume in word and we will be in touch to discuss this role in more detail.
Highly Competitive Day Rates - Long Terms Contracts - Quick Interview Process - New Team