The UI Designer Role:
Are you a Senior level UI Designer who wants to work for a well known Australian company who are creating innovative tech products to help solve complex problems?
Do you want to be an integral part of a design team tasked with creating beautiful, intuitive products for web and mobile?
We are looking for talented UI Designers who can work closely with researchers, developers, product owners, stakeholders and other designers to improve on products and services for a diverse range of users.
What your day will look like:
- Building concepts and translating them through sketches to communicate to the rest of the teams
- Translating the sketches / wireframes / prototypes into the finalized designs
- Working with the team to ensure the designs are intuitive and follow the guidelines for mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Proposing creative solutions to enhance our user’s experience where reasonable
- Developing design guidelines and patterns and ensuring consistency across the whole product
- Preparing detailed interaction specifications and work closely with the tech team in order to achieve the best results
- Collaborate with the project team, including UX designer and internal stakeholders to develop the UI requirements
- Engage clients, stakeholders and your team to ensure your proposed design fits business goals and technical constraints in addition to user needs
- Understand and (where appropriate) challenge business requirements to champion user needs, as a way to further promote product and market strategy
- 3yrs + designing mobile apps and excellent understanding of the design patterns for iOS and Android
- You will love exploring, visualising and prototyping design ideas at varying levels of fidelity to communicate and validate ideas
- Experience in information design, visual hierarchy, legibility/readability, accessibility, content strategy, copywriting and data visualisation
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design, usability principles, techniques and methodologies
- A desire to keep up with the latest in design, technology and ways of working
- A desire to work in multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers
- An understanding of Agile/SCRUM/Kanban processes
- An ability to think big whilst being detail oriented and delivery focused
In return, you will be working with a passionate team on well know Australian brand with a consumer-facing app that is used all over Australia. This is an immediate need, a quick interview process and great daily rates.