This role represents the opportunity to have a voice and be extremely instrumental in the direction and growth of the company rather than being a mere cog in a machine.
Our client's core codebase is currently all PHP and you will be working closely with their design team, front-end developers, project managers, account managers, and directly with clients to deliver world-class websites.
- Minimum 8+ years’ development experience
- PHP, MySQL
- Open Source CMS – WordPress and WooCommerce experience in developing custom themes from scratch.
- APIs (RESTful, GraphQL, SOAP)
- MVC PHP frameworks – CakePHP, CodeIgniter
- Exposure with DNS records, and web hosting environments – cPanel, Plesk
- Test, debug, diagnose, and correct errors and faults in an application programming language.
- Strong skills with responsive and mobile techniques
- Knowledge of tools & frameworks such as Grunt, Node, Bower, Require, etc
- Experience with Bitbucket, Github
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Building the backend services and APIs which power the platform that supports both web and mobile applications
- Refactoring, optimizing, and improving the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Use test-driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
- Be an active part of the team, being part of code reviews, pair programming, lunch and learn session
- A desire to create best-in-class products and stay on top of the latest web trends and technologies.
- A positive attitude and love working with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- High level of self management and organizational skills